Top U.S. ice cream and frozen dessert franchise Baskin-Robbins is celebrating the New Year with a Flavour of the Month that's perfect for chocolate lovers nationwide. The flavour for January, Chocoholic's Resolution, is a Swiss-style chocolate ice cream with chocolate ganache cake pieces, white caramel-filled cups, and a chocolate ganache flavoured ribbon. For ice cream enthusiasts resolving to eat more chocolate in 2016, Chocoholic's Resolution can be enjoyed in a cup, cone, milkshake or as a Brownie Sundae.
To celebrate "chocoholics" nationwide, Baskin-Robbins partnered with Juliet A. Boghossian, a behavioral food expert and founder of Food-ology®, an original methodology that links food related habits to personality traits and behavioral tendencies, to identify what a chocolate lover's favorite type of chocolate says about their personality:
- Milk Chocolate: You're a devoted traditionalist, friendly, approachable and responsible. You crave balance, peace and consistency.
- White Chocolate: You're a playful free spirit and tend to be the life of the party. You're flirtatious, impulsive, generous, kind and nonjudgmental.
- Dark Chocolate: You are the determined maverick. You play hard to get and are passionate, generous, selective and mysterious. You are known for speaking your mind, for your no nonsense honesty and ability to process information quickly and for taking calculated risks.
In addition to its Flavour of the Month, Baskin-Robbins is offering guests an innovative line-up of seasonal ice cream flavours that can be enjoyed at select participating Baskin-Robbins shops nationwide throughout January, including:
- Vanilla Pomegranate Parfait Frozen Yogurt: Delicious vanilla-flavoured frozen yogurt and granola clusters swirled with a pomegranate ribbon.
- Orange Sherbet: Citrus sherbet made with oranges for a delicious and refreshing taste.
- Rock 'n Pop Swirl: Green grape-flavoured sherbet, purple green-apple-flavoured sherbet, and popping candy.
- Icing on the Cake®: Cake flavoured ice cream with cake pieces, frosting bits, and a candy confetti ribbon.
"As we kick off the New Year, Baskin-Robbins is offering a wide variety of ice cream flavours and frozen treats to meet a range of resolutions. Guests can select from more indulgent ice cream flavours, such as our Chocoholic's Resolution Flavour of the Month, as well as better-for-you options like our Vanilla Pomegranate Parfait Frozen Yogurt," said Jeff Miller, Dunkin' Brands' Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation. "We're excited to ring in 2016 with our guests and bring back a fan favourite, Chocoholic's Resolution, and a fun line-up of ice cream flavours that guests can enjoy all month long."
Additionally, Star Wars lovers nationwide can continue to celebrate the beloved film franchise with Baskin-Robbins' delicious ice cream cakes. Baskin-Robbins' Star Wars: Darth Vader Cake is a classic sheet cake with blue icing, red, black and grey trim which features a collectible Darth Vader helmet decoration that makes the iconic movie villain's infamous breathing sound. The Star Wars: The Force Awakens Cake is a classic sheet cake decorated with orange icing with black, grey and white trim which features a collectible BB8 decoration that turns from left to right locking into its base while its head spins, making for action packed fun after the party. The cake also features a raised backdrop with Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, Rey, Finn and Poe Dameron.