We're delighted to share with you, the 19th episode in the 'TFP in conversation with' series, which features people, businesses, brands and entrepreneurs from across the food & drink world - finding out more about why they do what they do, their purpose, how they see the future and how, in their way, they are championing change and shifting the future of food & drink.
In this plant centric and sustainability focused episode, Rob Howell – Head Chef, Root, Bristol joins Charles to discuss:
- The guiding culinary principles of Root, Bristol
- How chefs and diners are equally as excited about plant-based eating
- His unique prospective on a vegetable centric approach and why it is relevant now
- His own creative process when designing a dish and how cuisine & culture influence his cooking
- Chef turned author - how the Root cookbook came about
- The dishes that he is particularly proud of
- Who a plant-centric restaurant is trying to appeal to
- And, how to create a sustainable way of working by challenging hospitality norms and stereotypes.
Don't forget that the 'TFP In Conversation With...' is also available on all major podcast channels including Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music and TuneIn+Alexa. To subscribe to the podcast, click on your chosen podcast channel above.
Click here to download and listen to a soundbite of the episode or below for the full episode.
Look out for our next TFP In Conversation With... episode where we'll be talking healthy snacking with Marketing Director of Simply Roasted & Mindful Snacker, Ruth Fittock. Ruth joins us to talk about challenging snacking norms, a new wave in healthy snacking, how to balance HFSS with a no compromise snacking experience and of course the deeper purpose behind the brand. In addition, she'll be discussing the responsibility that comes with such a brand, why it's taken so long to crack the healthy crisp formula, potato varieties, cooking processes and their aspirations for the future.
For more on thefoodpeople, to find out about 'shifting the future of food & drink' or to join the TFP community follow the contact links below.