We're delighted to share with you, the 13th episode in the 'TFP in conversation with' series, which features people, businesses, brands and entrepreneurs from across the food & drink world - finding out more about why they do what they do, their purpose, how they see the future and how, in their way, they are championing change and shifting the future of food & drink.
In this inspiring and intriguing episode, Charles speaks to Chef Valentino Cassanelli from Michelin star Lux Lucis & Dalmazia Restaurant, Forte dei Marmi. Valentino discusses:
- Where his passion for food comes from and the chefs who have inspired and influenced him
- What modern Italian food/cooking means to him and what the comfort factor is when it comes to Italian cuisine
- How Michelin star Lux Lucis & Dalmazia Restaurant have adapted their business model during COVID-19 and whether they'll still have a summer beach pop-up in 2021
- How the local geography and landscape around Forte dei Marmi influences his cooking and some of the special ingredients he can get from hero suppliers
- The inspiration for the Via Vandelli tasting menu, what it represents and the award winning pasta dish Spaghettone with anchovies in burrata water, umeboushi and caviar
- Whether he still believes fine dining has a future post-COVID
- And his hopes and dreams for the future as a chef.
Click the link below to watch the full video and here to find out more about Valentino.
Look out for our next 'thefoodpeople in conversation with' where we continue the conversation that we had at our 2021/22 Trends Summit with chef Paul Ainsworth. Paul joins us to talk about the dishes that he's most proud of, the fantastic flavours and bounty of Cornwall, the future of fine dining, his aspiration for future generations, attracting the next generations of chefs to Cornwall, the lessons he's learnt from some of the greatest chefs and, of course, his purpose and culinary principles.
Just in case you've missed them, please see video links below to a couple of our 'TFP in conversation with...' episodes.
For more on thefoodpeople, to find out about 'shifting the future of food & drink' or to join the TFP community do get in touch.