Beam Suntory, the world's leading Bourbon maker, today celebrated the grand opening of Jim Beam's new visitors' experience in the heart of Louisville's Fourth Street entertainment district. The Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse not only establishes a highly visible presence for the world's No. 1 bourbon in the most vibrant tourist destination in Louisville, but also offers guests a hands-on bourbon experience unlike any other.
"For more than 220 years, Jim Beam Bourbon has made history and continues to do so by opening its first visitors' destination outside of our flagship distillery," said Kevin Smith, Vice President, Kentucky Beam Bourbon Affairs. "We've taken the brand's rich heritage and put an urban spin on it, offering guests an interactive Bourbon experience coupled with a retail location, right here in downtown Louisville. The Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse is another place Jim Beam fans can call home as an extension of our Jim Beam American Stillhouse experience in Clermont, Ky."
Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear and Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer joined 7th generation Master Distiller Fred Noe, company leaders and local dignitaries to officially open the doors and commemorate Jim Beam's unwavering commitment to the bourbon industry – an industry it helped create when Jacob Beam made his first Bourbon whiskey in Kentucky in 1795.
"Bourbon is one of Kentucky's most historic and treasured industries – a thriving $3 billion economic engine that generates more than 15,400 jobs with an annual payroll topping $700 million, and $166 million in tax revenue every year," Gov. Beshear said. "With the opening of the Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse in downtown Louisville, the company is once again raising the profile of our Bourbon industry and giving visitors another great reason to come to Louisville."
"We are happy to see Jim Beam expand its footprint in downtown Louisville," added Fischer. "Fourth Street is a booming destination for tourists from near and far, and places like the Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse offer a great opportunity to spotlight Kentucky's heritage while driving increased visitors to Kentucky bourbon distilleries."
Located 25 miles from its flagship distillery in Clermont, Ky., the Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse operates as a small working distillery and visitors' experience like no other, with special features that include:
- A distillation system showcasing a small copper pot still with a unique rectifying column and see-through glass vapor condenser.
- Interactive displays and décor that immerse Bourbon enthusiasts in the Jim Beam® brand and educate them on the fine nuances of whisky making;
- A one-of-a-kind tasting bar crafted from reclaimed wood and designed to reflect barrel staves and flowing bourbon;
- A sculptural American Oak tree built from barrel staves. The tree features a canopy crafted from laser-cut steel leaves and illuminated Jim Beam bottles, symbolic of the First Family of Bourbon;
- A full retail store offering branded items, as well an opportunity for guests to label, fill and customize their own bottle of the site's exclusive Bourbon offering, Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse Select:
- Jim Beam® Urban Stillhouse Select – Distilled and bottled exclusively for the Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse in the heart of Louisville's 4th Street Live, the Bourbon is extra-aged Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. At 100 proof (50% alc./vol.), this ultra-premium bourbon offers hints of bold oak notes with fruit and tobacco. Additionally, the Bourbon is not chill filtered to impart a richer, full-bodied tasting experience. The only Jim Beam Bourbon to feature a steel stamped logo on the bottle, Jim Beam Urban Stillhouse Select is available in 375ml and 750ml sizes (SRP: $29.99 and $45.99 respectively).