Say goodbye to chips and salsa, the American Football playoffs call for a more serious bowl game. This year the McCormick Kitchens created 50 signature dip recipes inspired by the classic flavours of the 50 U.S states so that fans can show their team spirit on the most important field of all: the snack table.
"To celebrate this year's playoffs, we've turned iconic ingredients and recipes from each state into fun, game day dips. Take Green Bay– nothing says Wisconsin more than a beer, brat and cheese dip," said McCormick Executive Chef Kevan Vetter. "All the dips are quick and easy to make, with just a few simple ingredients and serious flavour from McCormick seasoning mixes."
To find your favourite state's recipe head to the 50 Dips interactive map, then grab some pretzels, break out the celery sticks and dig into these mouthwatering dips representing the 12 teams who've been in playoff action this January:
- Green Bay: Wisconsin Brat & Beer Cheese Dip: You'll be a game day hero with this Wisconsin-inspired dip. Creamy, warm and loaded with Cheddar cheese and cheese curds, this dip is best enjoyed with soft pretzel dunkers and a cold beer.
- Miami: Cuban Dip: The Cuban influence in South Florida's cuisine is something to be thankful for! This dip takes everything you love in a traditional Cuban sandwich – Swiss cheese, dill pickles, ham – and loads it into a hollowed-out bread bowl.
- Kansas City: Barbecue Chicken Dip: No barbecue pits required for this sweet and smoky chicken dip. Mix ketchup, molasses and McCormick Slow Cookers Sweet & Smoky Pulled Chicken Seasoning Mix in the slow cooker. Add a pound of chicken thighs. Two hours later, you'll be enjoying this crowd-pleasing dip on potato chips or crackers.
- Atlanta: Sweet Georgia Peach and Pecan Dip: Honour the Georgia peach with a salty-sweet dip made with bacon, pecans and Vidalia onions.
- New England: Boston Baked Bean Dip: Bacon + Beans + Beer = Boston's best. Stir with brown sugar, ketchup and McCormick Tex Mex Chili Seasoning Mix for a dip worthy of any game day spread. Top with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, green onion and scoop away!
- Dallas and Houston: Texas Trash Dip: With oooey-gooey cheese, refried beans and taco seasoning, everything about this rich, melty dip is big, bold and over-the-top, just like Texas.
- Detroit: Motor City Coney Dip: Detroit's iconic coney dog gets the dip treatment. Brown ground beef with tomato juice, yellow mustard, onions and McCormick Sloppy Joes Seasoning Mix. Serve with waffle fries!
- Pittsburgh: Cheesesteak Dip: While this iconic sandwich has its roots in Philadelphia, fans across Pennsylvania enjoy a mean cheesesteak. A hollowed-out bread loaf gets the home field advantage when stuffed with roast beef, chopped green peppers, onions and melted cheese.
- Oakland: California Guacamole Hummus: Two snack-time favourites in one show-stopping dip! Avocadoes, hummus and one packet of McCormick Guacamole Seasoning are all you need to bring this creamy dip to the table. Serve with pita chips and get dipping.
- New York: Buffalo Chicken Dip: The home-state of the buffalo wing inspired this popular spicy, creamy dip. Loaded with three types of cheese, sour cream and McCormick Buffalo Wing Seasoning Mix – this dip is always a crowd pleaser.
- Seattle: Smoked Salmon Dip: Smoked salmon takes centre stage in this simple dip. Fold it into mayo and lemon juice, then garnish with green onion and serve with your favourite dippers.