Adults looking for a more grown up take on their favourite childhood cookie are in luck. This week OREO announced the introduction of its newest cookie offering: OREO Thins, a crisp, delicate cookie that delivers on the OREO cookie taste you already know and love. OREO Thins offer a delicious new snacking experience for anyone looking for a more grown-up option to satisfy that 'need-something-sweet now moment' we all have now and then, while still delivering the delicious flavour of a classic OREO cookie.
"At OREO, we know that some of our fans have grown up and that their tastes have grown up too," said Patty Gonzalez, Senior Brand Manager OREO at Mondelez International. "With this in mind, we're excited to introduce OREO Thins as a new take on the classic cookie. The crisp and delicate texture of OREO Thins was specially designed for fans who love the taste of OREO but are looking for a more sophisticated cookie."
Following "thin" cues in technology, OREO Thins puts a sleek and modern spin on a classic. As a result of their chic new silhouette the serving size for OREO Thins is four (4) cookies for 140 calories, vs. three (3) Original OREO Cookies for 160 calories. With a crisp and delicate taste, OREO Thins pair great with an afternoon latte or cup of tea for a more adult treat.
As a permanent addition to the OREO line of delicious cookies, OREO Thins will be available nationwide beginning Monday, July 13 in the Original, Golden and Mint flavours at an SRP of $4.59.
The launch of OREO Thins will be supported by a 360-degree marketing campaign which will include:
- A "Thinvitation" to fans on OREO social channels starting July 7 where they can obtain a one-time-only code they can enter at OREOThinvitation.com for a chance to receive a free taste while supplies last.
- A new, epic TV launch spot by The Martin Agency. Debuting July 20, it features visual cues to help emphasize the thin, crisp and delicate nature of OREO Thins.
- Engaging content on OREO social channels including:
- A playfully cinematic video that illustrates how the more sophisticated OREO Thins gives the "forgotten" pinky finger a new reason to be.
- A series of new etiquette rules around how to "properly" enjoy the OREO Thins.