Believe it or not, 20 June is actually the first day of summer! Once the rain stops we may believe it ourselves. With the summer sun comes the seasonal ingredients - and even the Wimbledon-fueled strawberry obsession.
But who is putting what on their plates this summer? We had a look around London to see what we could find from some of the latest seasonal menus and wanted to share our insight.
Native, Covent Garden's new restaurant focusing on wild food, has blended some of its already innovative menu items with some summer favourites:
- Wye Valley Asparagus, Smoked Lardo, Whey Dressing, Pangrattanto
- Charred Chichester Aubergine, Broad Beans, Wild Fennel
- Ox Cheek, Wild Hop Shoots, Pickled Girolles, Confit Turnip
- Oakchurch Strawberries, Sweet Cicely, Meringue, Yoghurt Mousse
Exmouth Market eatery, Coin Laundry, is embracing the summer with its new menu including:
- Pimms Jelly with Granny Smith Sorbet
New Paddington opening, Heist Bank, will specialise in wood-fired pizza with a range of seasonal toppings including:
- Smashed Peas, Courgette Ribbons, Mint, Rosary Goats' Cheese and Peashoots Pizza
Let us know what true summer flavours you find on your way over on Twitter @thefoodpeople