Tesco will unveil a brand new shopping and leisure destination in Watford on Monday 12th August, following a huge renovation of its 80,000+ sq. ft. Extra store.
As one of Tesco’s largest stores in the UK, Watford Extra showcases the very latest in retail innovation and is the first time that new food concepts including Giraffe, Harris + Hoole, Euphorium and The Bakery Project have come together under one roof. The redevelopment of the store follows Tesco’s acquisition of Giraffe in March and its investment into other food businesses, as part of its strategy to develop the space in some of its larger stores.
Watford Extra features some brand new concepts that are currently being trialled by Tesco, including a new-look general merchandise area focusing on Homeware and Cook and Dine, a community space that customers can use free of charge for events such as yoga, baby gym and cookery classes, and a stylish new F&F concession with a boutique look and feel. Some of the other features at the store include:
- A revamped Tesco store built around our ‘Food First’ philosophy; with a new fresh fruit and veg section and fresh counters.
- Popular food concepts including Giraffe, Harris + Hoole, Euphorium Bakery and The Bakery Project.
- Nail Bar in a revamped Health & Beauty department, offering beauty treatments from £5.
- Convenient services including a Pharmacy, Opticians, health shop Nutri-Centre, Click & Collect.
- New ‘Tesco Loves Baby’ area.
“Watford represents a fundamental change in the way that people are doing their shopping. More and more of our customers are shopping for leisure; they want to browse for clothes, eat a meal or grab a cup of coffee, as well as do their weekly shop. It offers us a glimpse into what stores of the future might look like and we’re really excited to be sharing that with our customers.”