Over 250 guests, various street food stands creating special smells and tastes around the room, a day of insightful talks and live demonstrations, and a selection of exciting drinks to savour too ... it can only be our Food & Beverage Trends Event. Bringing together names from all over the food and beverage industry, our 2016 event was hosted by Street Feast at Hawker House, Canada Street where as well as announcing our 2017/18 Food & Drink Trend Predictions and unveiling the new trends book, we invited a number of thought provoking speakers to inspire and inform.
The speakers present included:
- Claire Clark, 3 Michelin Star Pastry Chef, author and co-owner of Pretty Sweet
- Amelia Boothman, Director of Strategy at Global Independent Design & Branding Agency, 1HQ
- Martin Morales, Award winning Peruvian chef, cookbook author, owner of London restaurant chain Ceviche
- Adam Kaye, Culinary Director from Blue Hill Farm, New York
- Judy Joo, Chef Founder of acclaimed Modern Korean Restaurant Jinn Juu
- Paul Brown, Founder of BOL Foods
- Chris and Dave, co owners of Shrub & Shutter – winner of Brixton's Best Bar 2015
- James Harmer, Touch Packaging
- Jozef Youssef, experimental chef at Kitchen Theory
Everyone was treated to an array of exquisite trend-inspired street food from traders Petare, Hotbox, Club Mexicana, Yum Bun, and Chin Chin Labs with their nitro ice cream to finish off.
The video from the event will be coming very soon, but in the meantime you can re-live the day through some of the images from the event. See you all again next year where we'll once again aim to go bigger and better than before!