Casual Dining is putting its visitors in the driving seat of the Innovation Challenge Awards this year, with the finalists to be determined by popular vote.
The award winning two day trade event for casual dining restaurants, pubs, bars and hotels, returns to the Business Design Centre in London next week on 25-26 February.
All products and services entered into the 2015 Innovation Challenge Showcase – including food, drink, packaging, equipment and technology – will have to win over the show’s visitors (including key buyers and decision makers from across the hospitality sector) before making it through to the exciting live final.
Voting opens from 10am on the first day of the show at the Innovation Challenge Showcase; located on the new upper feature level (stand U216). Entrants securing the most votes before 4pm that day (one per visitor) will then be invited to ‘pitch’ their new innovations to a panel of industry judges in the Keynote Theatre the following day (at 1.45pm on Thursday 26 February, with the results to be announced at 3.30pm).
This year’s judges include leading pub and restaurant entrepreneur Peter Borg-Neal, chief executive at Oakman Inns & Restaurants; Brian Whiting, owner of award winning pub group Whiting & Hammond; and Keith Bird, commercial director at Gourmet Burger Kitchen.
Casual Dining Innovation Challenge entries include:
- ·Ambican Packaging: Premium Burger Box
- ·Aryzta Food Solutions: Bun Appetit
- ·Aulds Delicious Desserts: TRIO Berry Amore
- ·Bermar (International) Ltd: Le Verre de Vin Portable Tower
- ·Disotto Foods Ltd: Strawberry Clotted Cream Meringue Gelato
- ·Disotto Foods Ltd: Mascarpone, Honey & Sea Salt Gelato
- ·Disotto Foods Ltd: Creamy Coconut & Passion Fruit Gelato
- ·Farm Frites: Let's Go Mini Range
- ·FD Hospitality: Saffron Allergen Web Portal
- ·Gram UK: Superiorplus 72
- ·GS Systems: Max Mobile
- ·GS Systems: Max GP
- ·It’s a Wrap: Custom printed greaseproof paper
- ·Kimbo UK: Integrity Fairtrade & Organic
- ·L’Aquila: Roasted Tomatoes ‘Au Natural’
- ·Lutosa Foodservice: Krisspy Cut Fries
- ·Manitowoc Foodservice UK: Convotherm 4
- ·Millennium Foodservice: Individual Gluten-Free Pastry Cases
- ·Purbeck Ice Cream: Dorset Wasabi Ice Cream
- ·TM Electronics (UK): MM7100 ThermoBar Scan Thermometer
- ·Winterhalter: PT ClimatePlus warewasher
- ·Young’s Seafood: Young’s Batter to Perfection Fish Fillets
Featuring over 150 sector leading exhibitors, Casual Dining returns to the Business Design Centre, in Islington, London, on 25-26 February 2015.