Having opened its doors last summer, Ask For Janice is continuing to bring its fresh, fun and edgy style to Farringdon's burgeoning restaurant scene with a brand new food and cocktail menu for the spring.
A popular Modern British all-day restaurant and bar overlooking Smithfield Market, Ask for Janice is the latest venture from Urban Leisure Group. Set over two floors and featuring a ground floor restaurant and basement bar, Ask For Janice offers guests a quality, laid back dining and drinking experience – from morning until night.
Designed by Head Chef Nik Prescot, the new menu at Ask For Janice is a modern take on British culinary nostalgia. Heavily focusing on seasonal, wholesome produce and bursting with creative elements and foraged unique ingredients, the menu features contemporary dishes influenced by retro Northern English food.
Examples from the menu include:
- Sardines and Yorkshire Rhubarb on Toast – £7
- Wild Garlic Fries – £3.50
- Baked Eggs, Merguez Sausage, Roasted Peppers and Yoghurt – £10.50
- Stout Salt Squid – £7.50
- Chatsworth Road Smokehouse Salmon, Beer Bread and Celeriac – £8
- Pressed Pigs Head with Toast and green Grape tartare – £7
- Yorkshire black badger bean Dahl and Flatbread – £7
Ask for Janice boasts an extensive selection of up to 45 gins as well as a perfectly curated selection of beer and wine. The new cocktails, which take inspiration from the 90s, are refreshing and punchy – perfect for Spring evenings.
Examples on the new cocktail list, all priced at £9 include:
- AFJ Hooch – Ask For Janice's own lemon ice tea, Absolute Vodka, peach bitters
- Hey Ladies – Breakfast tea infused Beefeater Gin, Creme de Figue, lemon, fig jam, egg white, Prosecco top, sherbet
- Invisible Man – Bootlegger White Grain Spirit, Lillet Blanc, Maraschino, lychee
Find out more about what's on at Ask for Janice by visiting its website here.