To celebrate National Burger Month, the fire-grilling experts at the BURGER KING® brand surveyed more than 150,000 people in U.S. on their grilling preferences and burger eating habits. Known for fire-grilling burgers rather than frying them, the BURGER KING® brand investigated the ties between personality attributes and burger preparation.
Flame-grilled burgers win in a landslide for both sexes – 8:1 for men and 5:1 for women:
- People who prefer flame-grilled burgers are the happiest among those surveyed
- People who prefer flame-grilled burgers are the most self-confident among those surveyed
- Men prefer grilled burgers almost 8:1 over fried burgers – and those who prefer grilled on average are better looking*
When asked "How do you like your burgers?" responses conclude that U.S. burger eaters like to play it safe, but are also high maintenance:
- They keep things simple: 35% of men and 45% of women like their burgers "Basic: ketchup, mustard, pickles"
- They want it all: 50% of men and 40% of women like their burgers "Deluxe: bacon, mushrooms, BBQ sauce"
- They like it wild: 12% of men and 7% of women like their burgers "Crazy: Fried eggs, jalapeños, peanut butter"
Expanding on their already diverse burger menu items including the iconic WHOPPER® sandwich, the BURGER KING® brand recently introduced the Turkey Burger, Veggie Burger, Chipotle WHOPPER® sandwich and Bacon Cheddar Stuffed Burger to continue providing great tasting burger options.
This survey was conducted online within the United States by OK! Cupid on behalf of the BURGER KING® brand from April 22-25, 2013 among more than 150,000 adults ages 18 and older. Respondents answered online questions and the responses were cross-tabulated with peer assessments. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.