Barrio Central, one of London's favourite late night hangouts, has recently re-launched as Barrio Soho this October with the refurbishment featuring a new chef, a Mexican- centric food menu and a brand new cocktail menu while retaining the live music and party vibes for which the bar has become so popular.
Barrio Soho offers guests a delicious new food menu that has been designed by recently appointed Group Head Chef, Ernesto Pavia. Originally from Peru, Pavia embarked upon his career in Argentina and he has honed his expertise internationally working in a three Michelin star restaurant in France, Argentinian steakhouses Garufa and Garufin, and more recently as Head Chef of London's celebrated Bubbledogs. His menu at Barrio Soho sees Pavia return to the authentic Latin American food of his roots and his enthusiasm for this cuisine is reflected in the exuberant honest flavours of the menu.
Featuring everything from yellow mole to yucca and tiger's milk, Pavia's newly devised menu offers the intense flavours and authentic ingredients of Mexican cooking. Designed with the relaxed atmosphere of Barrio Soho in mind, the menu comprises an assortment of snacks, small plates, tacos and sharing platters; ideal for enjoying with friends and perfect for the indecisive diner.
Examples from the new menu include:
- Al Pastor - £6 Achiote marinated pork, cooked on the spit with slow roasted pineapple, white onions & coriander
- Frito Fish - £6 Chipotle rubbed crispy fried cod, jalapeno aioli, cabbage slaw, sour cream & serrano chili
- Ceviche Mixto - £9 Fresh mix of seafood in tiger's milk, with avocado, crispy sweet potato & serrano chili
- Ribs con Mole - small £9 / large £18 Home-smoked beef short rib with yellow mole, crispy yucca & Mexican style BBQ sauce
The playfulness of Barrio Soho is epitomised by their drinks menu in which cocktail classics are given a humorous twist.
- Rumshackle - £8.50 Santa Teresa rum, with orange curacao, orgeat, pineapple and lime
- Wonky Donkey - £8.50 Casco Viejo tequila, elderflower, ginger and lime lengthened with soda
- Gingerbread Colada – £8.50 Santa Teresa Gran Reserva rum with pineapple and coconut