With summer in full swing, everyone's minds are on long weekends, half-day Fridays and beach vacations. Ruffles Brand Potato Chips, one of the marquee brands from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division, knows that summer activities aren't complete without your favourite snacks and swigs. To make sure fans have chips and beverages covered, Ruffles has partnered with national and local craft breweries nationwide to create the ultimate "Chips & Sips" pairing guide. From pale ales and spice to lagers and tang, these one-of-a-kind beer pairings feature everything fans love about Ruffles and brews, taking summer fun and flavourful combinations to new heights.
The Chips & Sips pairings include:
- Light & Loaded, nationwide: Ruffles Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins with Bud Light
- Bacon & Brew, California: Ruffles Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins with Brew Free! Or Die IPA from 21st Amendment Brewery
- Buckshot & Bacon, Carolinas: Ruffles Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins with Buckshot Amber from Natty Greene's
- All Dressed & Ale, Central Gulf Coast: Ruffles All Dressed with Good People IPA from Good People Brewing Co.
- Potato Skins & Pils, Mid-America: Ruffles Loaded Bacon & Cheddar Potato Skins with Turntable Pils from Great Lakes Brewing Co.
- Sour Cream & Skull, Southeast: Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream with Laughing Skull Amber Ale from Red Brick Brewing Co.
- Hot & Helles, Texoma and Central US: Ruffles Flamin' Hot with Texas Helles from Community Beer Co.
To bring these pairings to life, Ruffles hosted an immersive tasting event today in New York City featuring brew experts from 21st Amendment Brewery and Great Lakes Brewing Co - the "Julyfest: Chips & Sips" ultimate happy hour event.
"Craft beers have become more and more popular, especially in the summer. Why not combine that with the great flavours of Ruffles and bring two great tastes together? This pairing guide unites your favourite Ruffles flavours with their perfect brew match," says Tina Mahal, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay. "We're excited for consumers to continue enjoying summer by kicking back with Ruffles 'Chips & Sips.'"
For more information on the pairings and the Ruffles brand itself, visit the website.